Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Children Of Vice by JJ McAvoy ...Review by Dawn


Children of Vice by [McAvoy, J.J.]



From the Ruthless, Vice shall Rise.


I, Ethan Antonio Giovanni Callahan, first son of the former head of the Irish mob, Liam Alec Callahan, and former head of the Italian mafia, ex-governor, Melody Nicci Giovanni Callahan, solemnly swear to ruthlessly protect our family name, business and way of life, no matter the cost to me or anyone else. I shall show no mercy; I shall offer no forgiveness; there will be no peace for those who stand against me.



I will live for my family.
I will kill for my family.
I will marry for my family.



I, Ivy O'Davoren, the only daughter of Shay O'Davoren, solemnly swear to ruthlessly and mercilessly exact revenge on the Callahans and all those who betrayed my father and family. 



I will live for revenge.
I will kill for revenge.
I will marry for revenge.



You devoured the Ruthless People series. Now it’s time to revel in the reign of the Callahan children…






My Review

First off let's talk about this author. JJ McAvoy writes beyond her years. Her voice is something that is missing in this saturated industry. Her characters are deep, and filled with so much richness, I am often rendered speechless. This is a spin off of her amazing Ruthless People series, The Children of Vice is Ethan's story. In reality it is the beginning of what I am positive is going to be her best story telling yet.
I never thought someone could take Melody's place and Ivy is not trying to, but she sure is giving Mel a run for her money. Ivy is smart and cunning, I like her and am excited to see more of her and to see her go up against, someone in the family. 
Ethan, he just makes me happy. He takes his position very seriously and I love that! He was born and raised to lead "the family." He is strong but can be brought to his knees when it comes to Ivy. He has tried his entire life to not let anyone have that sort of "power" over him. But when it comes to Ivy, the girl he has loved his entire life, he is weak. That is not good when you are head of the Irish/Italian Mob. Ethan is everything his parents would want in a son and a Ruthless leader.
We get to catch up with most of the Callahan clan's children and see what they are up to . I love that they are still in the picture as this is the next generation. Evelyn is still vital and I cracked up when she laid it all out for Ivy. We see that Dona and Wyatt are not exactly the people we thought they were. Wyatt is the outcast, choosing to help people by becoming a doctor. But was it really his choice? And Donatella, well she is dealing with "the family" the way she was taught. Always keep an eye on everything and everyone and never miss an opportunity to better one's position.   
To the very last page Children of Vice is brilliant! I am more than excited to see where Ms. McAvoy takes us in the next two books. 


5 Clocks BRAVO!



J. J. McAvoy


J.J. McAvoy was born in Montreal, Canada and is currently studying Humanities at Carleton University. She is the oldest of three and has loved writing for years. She is inspired by everything from Shakespearean tragedies to Pop Culture. Her novel "Ruthless People", out July 17th, hopes to push boundaries and take her readers on a ride through the dark side. Please feel free to stay in touch via Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and youtube, where she video blogs.

Goodreads Author Page JJ McAvoy

Amazon Author Page JJ McAvoy

Amazon- Children of Vice 








No comments:

Post a Comment